Forest Park Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Main Discussion Board
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Blaming the Historical Society for Gilian's B.S.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Blaming the Historical Society for Gilian's B.S.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Dwyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blaming the Historical Society for Gilian's B.S.
    Posted: 06/March/2015 at 10:34am
Tim Gillian has angrily questioned the motives of members of the Forest Park Historical Society regarding their reluctance to provide an in-kind charitable donation of nearly $11,000. 

The only person who's motive need questioning are Tim Gillian's. You want a battle, Tim? You got one. And before it's over, you're going to wish to God you never stepped into it. See what bellowing at people and calling names gets you with me. 

As I stated on the PF Review website, this isn't going to go away. The "contractor" who was flying under the radar is allegedly a Juan Trejo. The only Juan Trejo I could find on the internet is a roofer, not a general contractor. A roofer and landscaper.

I don't fly 'under the radar,' and I don't accept the village officials who think it's OK to do so. There are checks dated from 2013, and a check for the moving dated seven months after the move, with a different sum on it, payable to a different moving company.

Some people are starting to blame the Historical Society for this. And understandably, the society is uncomfortable with that, because they want the support of the community.

But the only one's to blame for the current situation are the arrogant former FPHS board president Bob Cox and Tim Gillian. That's where the B.S. lies, and that's where the questionable behavior is. Stand by for lots more scrutiny, guys. It's coming. 

The FBI has already been copied. The IRS and the Illinois Attorney General are next. Meanwhile, every fact about this pile of crap situation is going to be put on the internet, and people can decide for themselves who is to blame.

It is most certainly not the Historical Society. 
Facts are a bitch and the truth most hurts the liars
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/March/2015 at 11:02am
My question is why is an employee of the village allowed to have work done on a village owned property without permits and 'fly under the radar'? Something is wrong with the way this whole thing has been handled.

And after all the work done in that property prior to the Gillian's 'donation', that much more $$ had to be pumped into it.
Bill Dwyer View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Dwyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/March/2015 at 11:13am
From: Centuries and Sleuths Bookstor [mailto:cns7419@sbcglobal.net
Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2015 4:15 PM
To: Tim Gillian
Subject: Re:

Tim,

That's GREAT! I know I have the copies of the paid receipts, but in that file would you have copies of the Invoices you paid with those checks and credit card statements? If you do, could you forward those copies to me? It's like when I got the fantastic grants from Main Street and the Village in 2000. They were generous, but not without the paid invoices.

Take care and thanks for all your help.

Augie Aleksy
VP HSoFP

On Thursday, February 12, 2015 4:35 PM, Tim Gillian <tgillian@forestpark.net> wrote:

Augie, NO,  the contractor we used was a very small contractor and was flying completely under the radar. I wrote a check as he was doing the project.  He reported how many hours he had and I paid him accordingly.   The materials were all from home depot and I am not sure that I can recover the information. I am hopeful there is no one on the board insinuating that the work was not done.  You saw what the space looked like in the beginning.  Does your board think it was magic that made it a useable space?
Bill Dwyer View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Dwyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/March/2015 at 11:14am

citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/March/2015 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by piehead piehead wrote:

My question is why is an employee of the village allowed to have work done on a village owned property without permits and 'fly under the radar'?

i'm with you, pie. i can't get past step #1. 
they speak/act as tho they own the property, like it's their little clubhouse. can you imagine :)
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/March/2015 at 10:45pm
also, Tim Gillian is riled that some think his donation was to the village, but that is not his intent!
so why didn't he/they just give the FPHS $10k, w/stipulations to improve the space? 
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/March/2015 at 7:57pm
Because he could get the work done under he proverbial radar for much less than billed/claimed (no permits necessary)???
 Post Reply Post Reply