Forest Park Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Main Discussion Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gardening and knitting and umbrage, Oh MY!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Active here since 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gardening and knitting and umbrage, Oh MY!
    Posted: 20/March/2015 at 1:34pm
Personally, I don't knit. Maybe I should? There's certainly nothing wrong with knitting. Is there?

My gardening is limited to digging where I'm told to dig, plant where told to plant, water when/where... lawn care, such as it is and providing garden related services to my gardener. And WEEDING, again such as it is.

Maybe I consider these forums as A garden too. Not MY garden, but one to which I tend to tend. At present it's moribund and mostly dormant, but it is here. It remains for any and all to use, unless that use turns into AB use.

For now, Bill D. has to find other outlets for his hobby. After multiple discussions about decorum and nettiquette, I, unilaterally, decided that he is right. We just disagree. He has his blog, Facebook and the comment setion of the FPR to amuse his muse. I'm not depriving him of his pleasures. Knock yourself out my friend. Bon Voyage.

When I figure out what, where and how* this place is, I'll be gleefully ceding control to new caretakers. Anyone interested, just PM me! We'll talk...*some assembly required.

Now... let's see...

"It is a wreave belief that we already are in Hell."- Tuluk in Frank Herbert's "Whipping Star"
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/March/2015 at 9:42am
Originally posted by watcher watcher wrote:

When I figure out what, where and how* this place is, I'll be gleefully ceding control to new caretakers. Anyone interested, just PM me! We'll talk...*some assembly required.

Tending this forum is akin to knitting, counting the rows, mindful of the slipped-stitches, correct tension on the "yarns", hoping to create something useful.

Though our POVs often differed, you are probably one of less than a handful of people whose posts I looked forward to reading.

Don't know if someone else can breathe life into this old bird, the scratching, pecking has moved to the the pages of the Review, reads very much like the FPF of the past, the good, bad and ugly.

Edited by logic - 21/March/2015 at 9:43am
watcher View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Active here since 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/March/2015 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by logic logic wrote:

Tending this forum is akin to knitting, counting the rows, mindful of the slipped-stitches, correct tension on the "yarns", hoping to create something useful.

Though our POVs often differed, you are probably one of less than a handful of people whose posts I looked forward to reading.

Don't know if someone else can breathe life into this old bird, the scratching, pecking has moved to the the pages of the Review, reads very much like the FPF of the past, the good, bad and ugly.

There are hundreds of threads here of which I am extremely proud. They aren't old news, they are history. When there was a healthy chorus of voices, who managed to ignore the distractions, a grand spectrum of opinion was presented. Amazing stuff. I'd say unparalleled anywhere else in this village.

I'd say our personal differences have been more in nuance than fundamentals. Hardly anything that was irreconcilable. Yours has been a respected POV. Always a worthy adversary.<g> In the end, resulting in a better understanding. What more is there?

This place let us talk to each other, not at each other. I enjoyed that.

"It is a wreave belief that we already are in Hell."- Tuluk in Frank Herbert's "Whipping Star"
 Post Reply Post Reply