Forest Park Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Media Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hey Dan! That's Not How This Works

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Citizen
Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/April/2015 at 1:40pm
logic, I had enough election talk before the election. Watcher, the problem was when a discussion got started the thugs started in with the crap, one guy, 155 names. While FB reduced that people made up names and got on. I wish there a better way and matter there is, you send Dan your info, he assigns you something that allows you to comment, does that sound doable?
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/April/2015 at 2:24pm
What if you don't abide by the rules, many did not? Who gets to be the judge? From the record, it sure appeared to be hit/miss. Therein lies the problem.

Edited by logic - 27/April/2015 at 2:25pm
jerry View Drop Down
Citizen
Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/April/2015 at 3:45pm
I think people would be a lot behaved, it's one thing if people don't know who you are, it's another if they do. The judge in this case would be Dan. Right now it is very hit and miss, I know because I am on a very tight rein.
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/April/2015 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by jerry jerry wrote:

I think people would be a lot behaved, it's one thing if people don't know who you are, it's another if they do.
One of the problems with that though, is many of the people on Calderone's team thought it best to go the fake profile route (except for Nick T). Therein lies a problem.
jerry View Drop Down
Citizen
Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/April/2015 at 8:54pm
I agree, that's why it would have to go though the Review and aproved by the Review. Sort of an in house FB, and if you can't prove who you say you are you don't get to post. Nick T. isn't smart enough to do a fake account.
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/April/2015 at 9:05pm

I agree, that's why it would have to go though the Review and aproved by the Review. Sort of an in house FB, and if you can't prove who you say you are you don't get to post. Nick T. isn't smart enough to do a fake account.
no need to put people down.
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/April/2015 at 9:27pm

I think people would be a lot behaved, it's one thing if people don't know who you are, it's another if they do. The judge in this case would be Dan. Right now it is very hit and miss, I know because I am on a very tight rein.
Yes, jerry, he knows who you are and let you, a few others, cross the line repeatedly. You're on a tight rein now that the election is over? Does it matter?
jerry View Drop Down
Citizen
Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/April/2015 at 3:07am
logic, yes it does, there are other things besides the election.
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/April/2015 at 8:15am

I think people would be a lot behaved, it's one thing if people don't know who you are, it's another if they do.
People know who you are, did it change your behavior?
watcher View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Active here since 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/April/2015 at 9:32am
Originally posted by citizen citizen wrote:

what still floors me, after all these years and esp after the recent election, the Calderone Crew has never produced one supporter that can/will write at length or regularly w/their real name, e.g. LTE's, columnists, regular posters. do they ALL work at VH???
and then they bitch/moan relentlessly that 'the other side' controls the media. please explain this to me

Back when MATC was a semi-regular poster/participant here, before the purge, there was a healthy back and forth. It wasn't the unfair, unbalanced hate fest that has been cemented in many minds. There was a manageable/ignorable lunatic fringe, but the topics were readable, on point and wide-ranging.

The "problems" arose from a number of hey-day issues that involved spending, development, authority and citizen-involvement. Defending MATC's "vision thing" became uncomfortable for him. With his bullet-proof majority, why bother? Much easier to dismiss the questions as sinister. After all, wasn't Mad Street mahvelous? Weren't we the new Wicker Park? Didn't we throw great parties? Don't we plow the sidewalks?

He decided to withdraw. Further, he demanded his "Team" follow suit.
MATC and his "Team Calderone" deleted over 300 of his posts and began their demonization of this place and its participants. He/They carried out similar "shunnings" of CUinFP/Vox and the Review. Now he says he want to engage the community? Which community is that? Facebook? Where groups and post vanish? Amy Rita's Post?

Clearly, there is no acceptable platform for his engagement and the fault for that is not his?

"It is a wreave belief that we already are in Hell."- Tuluk in Frank Herbert's "Whipping Star"
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/April/2015 at 11:22am
Originally posted by watcher watcher wrote:

Clearly, there is no acceptable platform for his engagement and the fault for that is not his?
All platforms are an acceptable way to engage, what is there to fear?

On-topic note:)
Don't personally know Hosty Jr but his recent comments in the Review are ugly. The kinda thing usually said behind closed doors, maybe to a sig-other, not in the local paper. Reminds me of dumping dog shit in the street but hoping everyone will notice.
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/April/2015 at 11:37am
I guess all the Hosty clan take the high road!
jerry View Drop Down
Citizen
Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/April/2015 at 11:47am
logic, my behavior has always been the same, so no it would not effect me, but the person who used what, 150 names, yes. Amy Rita has never (I believe) posted in the Review under her own name but has under other names and when called on it changed names.
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/April/2015 at 11:58am
jerry, IMAHO, noticed a distinct difference or should I say deference, when you started goose-stepping with "he that shall remain nameless".

Edited by logic - 29/April/2015 at 11:58am
watcher View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Active here since 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/April/2015 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by logic logic wrote:

All platforms are an acceptable way to engage, what is there to fear?

On-topic note:)
Don't personally know Hosty Jr but his recent comments in the Review are ugly. The kinda thing usually said behind closed doors, maybe to a sig-other, not in the local paper. Reminds me of dumping dog shit in the street but hoping everyone will notice.

Acceptable to you, but SFAIK, you're not calling the shots. This is a matter of the mayor, other elected officials, and Dan Haley's media empire determining the playing field. Comments,suggestions, discussions taking place outside of their playground are somehow meaningless? These are the Leaders?

On-topic of what? "Not my circus; not my flying monkeys." I don't understand the logic. That's your department. and poor Gus! maybe "ethically challenged" would be a more fitting descriptor?

"It is a wreave belief that we already are in Hell."- Tuluk in Frank Herbert's "Whipping Star"
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/April/2015 at 12:32pm

and poor Gus! maybe "ethically challenged" would be a more fitting descriptor?

Yes, he must protect his way of life and defend
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/April/2015 at 12:54pm

Acceptable to you, but SFAIK, you're not calling the shots. This is a matter of the mayor, other elected officials, and Dan Haley's media empire determining the playing field. Comments,suggestions, discussions taking place outside of their playground are somehow meaningless? These are the Leaders?
Of course, I'm not calling the shots. The Mayor, others, wannabes had time, seek attention when they're asking for your vote but are only able to engage by selective dribs n drabs, addresses in the Post, once elected?
watcher View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Active here since 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/April/2015 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by logic logic wrote:

Of course, I'm not calling the shots. The Mayor, others, wannabes had time, seek attention when they're asking for your vote but are only able to engage by selective dribs n drabs, addresses in the Post, once elected?

Then stop saying "engagement". If you can't stop worrying about WHO said it and focus on WHAT was said, then you're not interested. Stop pretending. Especially when you suck at it. The same goes for Dan and his comment circus. If you're not going to fix the signal to noise ratio, it's all just noise.

MATC hasn't written in the post for over a year (without explanation). It's all been said? If you weren't here or missed it, that's not his fault or problem either. Look it up on the intertubes!

Oh wait, anything you search for will likely end up linking to here or to the Review. Again, not his fault or problem. At some point, people will know better than to even ask.

It all just goes on his "rhymes with bucket" list anyway; unless it has sugary goodness.

Edited by watcher - 29/April/2015 at 1:27pm
jerry View Drop Down
Citizen
Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/April/2015 at 4:28pm
Gee, now I am a Nazi. Well you haven't heard some of BD's and my phone or e mail chats where we beat each other like old rugs. My comment chanced because other things had chanced and I got tired of trying to be nice when others were being assholes.
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/April/2015 at 5:00pm

Gee, now I am a Nazi. Well you haven't heard some of BD's and my phone or e mail chats where we beat each other like old rugs.
For clarity, not a Nazi but a falling in line reference. Keep up the beatings, maybe it'll knock some...........
jerry View Drop Down
Citizen
Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/May/2015 at 2:46pm
logic, not likey
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123