Forest Park Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Local Political Arena > Police , Fire, Village Departments
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Great Choice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Great Choice
    Posted: 16/April/2015 at 3:10pm
Review:

"Calderone also confirmed that he will recommend to the village council that Deputy Police Chief Tom Aftanas be promoted to police chief on the mid-May retirement of Chief Jim Ryan. "That will definitely be my recommendation. If they want to conduct a search then, we will. But I believe in promoting from within."

This will be very good for FP, if approved by the council. DPC Aftanas has an excellent reputation and commands the respect of the officers who serve with him.

Edited by logic - 16/April/2015 at 3:11pm
watcher View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Active here since 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/April/2015 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by logic logic wrote:

Review:

"Calderone also confirmed that he will recommend to the village council that Deputy Police Chief Tom Aftanas be promoted to police chief on the mid-May retirement of Chief Jim Ryan. "That will definitely be my recommendation. If they want to conduct a search then, we will. But I believe in promoting from within."

This will be very good for FP, if approved by the council. DPC Aftanas has an excellent reputation and commands the respect of the officers who serve with him.

Aftanas is MATC's fourth PC recommendation and first from within. I remember a couple other cops who had excellent reputations, until they didn't...

Aftanas is not them. I hope he's approved and uses what he knows for the good of the village.

"It is a wreave belief that we already are in Hell."- Tuluk in Frank Herbert's "Whipping Star"
 Post Reply Post Reply