Forest Park Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Main Discussion Board
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Why did the City cut down all the Trees recently?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why did the City cut down all the Trees recently?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
steveg View Drop Down
Nomad
Nomad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steveg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why did the City cut down all the Trees recently?
    Posted: 04/September/2015 at 12:50am
it's the emerald ash issue, cut two down on my block during alley reconstruction.
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/June/2015 at 7:51pm
Village is cutting down all ash trees. We just got,the notice in our mailbox today.
Kate View Drop Down
Lurker
Lurker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/June/2015 at 4:46pm
River Forest cut down a ton of trees too, all marked with the red X. They were infested with the Emerald Ash Borer.
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/May/2015 at 9:38am
Well, they missed my parkway tree, it is half dead 😢
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/May/2015 at 9:24am
Don't think we lost any trees on the 1500 blk Marengo, of which I'm aware, actually believe they did a really good job on selectively trimming. The trimmers were up in the trees on ropes, cutting out dead branches, getting rid of the suckers, opening the trees up to light. I have been very vocal, in the past, when the Village guys took their saws to the "Crimson King" maple my husband and I planted in the parkway more than 40yrs ago. Have also complained about dangerous deadwood on forum in the past, it was after a heavy storm that did a lot of damage. Hiring a professional tree service was an excellent choice. There was a lady driving a convertible happily picking up firewood behind them.
jerry View Drop Down
Citizen
Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/May/2015 at 10:58am
Pie, I believe you are right
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/May/2015 at 10:13am
I remember reading about emerald ash borer problems.

I don't get why our village officials do not keep our village website current with information about what is going on in our village.

I just checked our village's site and not surprised that there is no mention on there as I have seen others ask about this on the facebook Forest Park Townhall page (their tree had a big red x on it). There was much discussion.

Perhaps an email to John Doss? I bet he knows.
PaulW View Drop Down
Citizen
Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/May/2015 at 8:26am
It seems that there has been a large number of trees, at least in my neck of the woods (South side) that have been cut down this year. All of them very large trees.

Why is this? I can't believe we don't want large trees. These were all parkway trees and the city was hiring contractors, or that is my thoughts.
 Post Reply Post Reply